Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is automatic creation of Opsgenie alerts from Slack messages supported ?

aryanp November 17, 2022

Hi team,

I'm trying to achieve automatic creation of Opsgenie alerts when messages are received on a Slack channel.

Any help would be really appreciated here.

1 answer

1 vote
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2022

Hi @aryanp ,

That is possible using the /genie commands which work with the Opsgenie-slack integration. 

The message would need to be formatted correctly. To create an alert you would post a message using this format in your slack channel:

/genie alert [alert message] for [team1,team2,user1..]

aryanp November 20, 2022

Hi @John M 
Thank you for the response.

However, I wanted to know if there is a way to automate the creation of OpsGenie alerts from Slack .
Or in other words, for each message that is received on a Slack channel, a corresponding OpsGenie alert should be automatically created without any manual intervention.

Just checking if this is supported currently?

aryanp November 21, 2022

Hi @John M 

Can you also help me with another query?

I am receiving an alert from a source in Opsgenie and I want that all the alerts from that source should be routed to a particular team?

How can this be achieved?

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2022

Hi @aryanp

Creating alerts based on Slack messages that are not /genie commands message is not something that is supported but may be possible with a third-party integration like Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/slack/integrations/opsgenie

For your second question, you can route alerts from a specific source to a particular team by adding a global policy that uses a "source" filter and specifies the team as a responder:

2022-11-21_11-30-19.png

2022-11-21_11-32-01.png

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events