Integration Opsgenie with WhatsApp

Ricardo Cardoso D' Oliveira February 15, 2022

Hey guys,

I hope everyone is safe and sound.

I am trying to integrate Opsgenie with WhatsApp, however, the WhatsApp API requests authentication and in the integration vi API of Opsgenie does not have the option to include Authentication.

Does anyone know how I can do this integration?

Best Regards

Ricardo D'Oliveira

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2022

Hi @Ricardo Cardoso D' Oliveira ,

Are you trying to have Opsgenie alerts be sent to WhatsApp? Or do you want to be able to create an alert in Opsgenie via WhatsApp?

If the former, you could leverage our webhook integration which can send alerts outbound out of Opsgenie to a custom endpoint. The limitation with this is you don't have control over the format of the payload that Opsgenie sends outbound. The payloads are sent with the payload structure defined here.

The alternative would be to leverage Opsgenie Edge Connector (OEC) - which is a service you can install that can be used to trigger custom scripts from Opsgenie alerts. So you could write a script that posts to WhatsApp via API, and leverage OEC to execute that script when an alert is created in Opsgenie. 

If you're trying to create alerts in Opsgenie via API, you would have to format the requests to meet our Alert API requirements, and include the Authentication in the headers using an API Key from an API integration in Opsgenie. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Samir

Ricardo Cardoso D' Oliveira February 16, 2022

Hi Samir, thanks for your awser.

Thanks for your response.

I'm trying to have Opsgenie alerts be sent to WhatsApp.

So, based on your response, I have to choose the webhook option, right?

Like Frank García likes this
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2022

@Ricardo Cardoso D' Oliveira 

Webhook or OEC, yes. The payload that Opsgenie sends through the webhook integration isn't configurable. I'm not sure if WhatsApp requires the payload to have a specific format, if so the webhook by itself may not work since you can't customize the payload that Opsgenie sends.

In that case you'd want to use the webhook to some sort of proxy where you can modify the payload before sending to WhatsApp, or you could leverage OEC to do this since OEC can execute custom scripts.

Like # people like this
Emiliano Fernando Cicarelli February 21, 2024

@Ricardo Cardoso D'Oliveira / @Samir 

Hello, question. Have you managed to carry out this integration? Is there a possibility of doing it today in 2024?

Thank you...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events