Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent alert state between Opsgenie and Sumo Logic

Meetbhai Yasheshkumar Dave
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 15, 2024

Hi team,

I have created an integration from SumoLogic to OpsGenie wherein when a monitors is triggered in SumoLogic a corresponding alert is being triggered in OpsGenie.

However, when an alert is closed from OpsGenie, the corresponding alert created in SumoLogic is not getting automatically resolved and we have to manually resolve the SumoLogic alert. Same issue vice versa.

Is this an expected behavior?

I was looking for something like the incident in SumoLogic should be automatically resolved when I close an alert form OpsGenie and vice versa.

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2024

Hi @Meetbhai Yasheshkumar Dave

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

It really depends on how your integration is setup. Sumologic integration allows bidirectional communication, which means Opsgenie alerts, when resolved, can trigger resolution of the alerts in Sumologic.

To do so, you need to enable the OUTGOING rules in your integration, such as below:

Screen Shot 2024-01-15 at 16.06.11.png

One of the options would be: Alert is closed.

Please remember to accept this answer in case it helps you resolve your question as it can also help other community members in the future.

Regards,
Eugenio

Meetbhai Yasheshkumar Dave
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

Hello @Eugenio Onofre , thank you for your response and for welcoming me to the community!

I tried the method shared by you but it didn't resolve the issue I am facing. What it does is, it sends a webhook to the specified Sumo Logic collector when any of the ticked actions occur. That webhook payload just acts as a log entry on Sumo Logic's end. It doesn't affect the monitor in any ways.

However, I really appreciate your assistance.

Regards,

Meet

Eugenio Onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2024

@Meetbhai Yasheshkumar Dave

Sure thing.

I am sharing below the official document of the Sumologic integration and hope this helps!

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-sumo-logic/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events