Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call should create alert only after auto-attendant

Augustinas Stirbis November 9, 2021

Hey, we are using Incoming call routing and it's working great, except once in a while we get spam/telemarketers calling - creating alert waking up oncall personnel in the middle of the night - NOT COOL.

Problem:

We have configured auto-attendant and it's great, the problem is alert is created before the auto-attendant even goes on the line, so spammer creates alert and causes us notification fatigue even if phone is dropped and no valid pin/key number is pressed as alert cascade to slack, OpsGenie app etc.

Attemps at workaround failed:

I tried not assigning any team on incoming call and filter on notification, but even if we remove default responders in Incoming call it gets assigned to team on auto-attendant list even though integration is global and not in the team.

I know there is blacklist feature, but it looks like it's always new number.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Travers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2021
Hi Augustinas,
Travers here with Opsgenie Support. Thank you for reaching out!
  •  If you use the auto-attendant list feature, by default it will notify the responder team  on the list. I recommend removing any responders from the “responders” field in the incoming call integration Advanced settings to reduce noise from spam.
  • By doing this the Integration will work as described in your use case and only notify the team associated with the on-call key options in place.
  • Best bet if the issue persists, will be to create an Opsgenie ticket or hop in a chat. This way Support can create a customer consent grant to view the exact integrations settings configured for the Incoming call integration and responders.
  • Here is a screenshot of the responder field I am referring to in the integration settings.
    Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 12.27.22 PM.png
Augustinas Stirbis November 12, 2021

thanks, looks like the product support this functionality but our integration changes (no responders) did not propagate, will raise a support ticket.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Travers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2021

Glad to hear the information provided was helpful, Augustinas! 

I will keep an eye out for your future Support ticket.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events