Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Call setup is not showing me opsgenie number

Prathim Mukherjee April 21, 2023

When I try to set up Incoming call in Opsgenie, its by default is showing me Twilio option only and not showing me any number provided by Opsgenie.

Does that mean that the Jira Service Management and Opsgenie I am using does not allow to have an Opsgenie number and I must use and setup a Twilio number?

Regards

Prathim Mukherjee

2 answers

0 votes
Wei Wung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2023

Hi @Prathim Mukherjee 

Please feel free to peruse the Pricing pages for JSM and Opsgenie as to which path would make more sense for your use case whether:

• upgrading JSM (if on JSM Standard), or
  • splitting Opsgenie and then upgrading only the standalone Opsgenie

Please feel free to reach out via a Support ticket if you have specific questions relating to your environment or if you need to split Opsgenie into a Standalone product.

Best Regards,

Wei

0 votes
Wei Wung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2023

Hi. @Prathim Mukherjee 

Hope all is well!  Thank you for reaching out!

To confirm what you mention, per our Integrate Incoming Call Routing document:  

• "To use incoming call routing with a phone number provided by Opsgenie, you must use Opsgenie’s Standard or Enterprise plans.

• If you’re using Opsgenie as part of your Jira Service Management [JSM] plan, you can’t use incoming call routing with an Opsgenie provided phone number."  You would need to use a custom phone number from Twilio from US Region 1.

Hope the above confirms what you are seeing.

Prathim Mukherjee April 23, 2023

Thanks. So for someone wanting to use an Opsgenie number we will have to separate the opsgenie and Jira service management and have separate billing for them?

Wei Wung
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2023

Hi @Prathim Mukherjee 

Sorry for missing your question.  You are correct.

The Incoming Call integration in the subordinated Opsgenie in JSM Premium plan (or higher) allows you to  use a custom phone number from Twilio from US Region 1.

The Standalone Opsgenie Standard plan (or higher) allows you the option to use an Opsgenie number (provided via Twilio) or use a custom phone number from Twilio from US Region 1.

Again, my bad for missing your question all this time.

Best Regards,

Wei

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events