Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Call Voicemail notification - how get voice call?

Donna Askew January 14, 2022

Hi,

I'm setting up the alerts for Incoming call - in particular we want to be alerted when a voicemail has been left, (the initial call has been missed).

The choices for the Incoming Call notification are to send notification by SMS, the OpsGenie App and email - there isn't the choice to be called again.

Any way to do this? 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2022

Hi @Donna Askew ,

There isn't a way to get voice notifications for incoming call alerts. This is because the voice notification can interfere with the actual live call routing. 

We do have a feature request for incoming call alert notifications to include voice as an option, but at this time there isn't a way to get voice notifications for incoming call alerts.

I will add you to that feature request.

Thanks,

Samir

Donna Askew January 18, 2022

We are just trying a different approach, using an alert generated when the incoming call comes in.  We are trying to put a condition as the alert activity notes are updated to say when a voicemail is left.  Is there anyway to get that so it can be used in the condition?  We tried the below, but this didn't appear to work.

OpsGenieCondition.png

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2022

@Donna Askew is that a routing rule you are setting that filter on? Incoming Call Alerts do not follow routing rules like regular alerts do. They follow the "default" (i.e. the "Else") routing rule on the team the alert goes to.

Donna Askew February 15, 2022

Thanks, we are using the default Else and that works for our purposes.

Andrew Parker April 12, 2022

@Samir Can I be added to this feature request? 

Samir
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2022

Hi @Andrew Parker ,

Here is a link to the feature request where you can vote for it and watch it

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-391

Thanks,

Samir

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events