Incoming Automation Rules - Can Component Be Populated

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

Hi all,

I am looking at building up a rule to automatically update a statuspage component based on the alert coming in.

I tried building an automation rule in JSM to construct a label based on some drop down boxes but that happens after the alert is created so the labels (to tags) are not applied.

I was trying to see if there is a way to leverage components in order to build up a tag.  I was thinking I could add two components to an issue.. for example "Component name (statuspage)" and another one for "outage type" but not sure if the incoming automation rule in Opsgenie can read multiple components.

1 answer

0 votes
Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

actually  I think this is too problematic an approach.  Will see if there is a way to build the labels again from the drop down boxes but not rely on automation.  (somehow)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events