Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not able to access Opsgenie through Slack app

Sarit Romano January 4, 2022

I'm trying to manage Opsginie alerts statuses which are in our alert slack group.
After I try '/genie connect' I'm getting an authenticate in opsgenie which leads to an error msg :  { "code": 401, "message": "Unauthorized" }

What can be the problem?

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Sarit Romano ,

When you click on the authenticate in opsgenie link from Slack, it re-directs to log you into Opsgenie. So you will want to be logged into Opsgenie on your default browser (i.e. the one that slack re-directs to), so that it can authenticate your Opsgenie account and connect it to your slack account.

Are you able to login to Opsgenie in the browser first, before running /genie connect from slack?

Thanks,

Samir

yes. 
I'm connected to the Opsgenie web when trying the authentication.

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2022

Can you submit a support ticket with us via support.atlassian.com? We can work with you to troubleshoot why you're getting a 401 error.

Thanks,

Samir

Hi @Samir

I had trouble force matching my Slack account with my Opsgenie account for some reason. I've manage to sync it in Incognito mode and now it's fixed.

Thanks for you support,

Sarit

Samir
Atlassian Team
January 4, 2022

Ah okay sounds good @Sarit Romano . Glad it's working now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events