I am unable to integrate Opsgenie with Jira service desk

Ratna May 8, 2020

Hello, Please help me. Spent too much time with no success!

I am unable to integrate from Opsgenie to Jira service desk.

However, integration from JSD to Opsgenie is working.

I have done the integration in Opsgenie as per the instruction but still can't get the ticket created in JSD when I am creating an alert in Opsgenie. I am not using SSO or two-factor authentication.

I have a big-time doubt for the details which I am providing for my JIRA service desk project in the Opsgenie configuration,

Is "issue type" field is the same as "Request Type"?

For eg, I have a request type called "Report an incident", and this is where I want my ticket to be created when the alert is generated in OPsgenie.

If the request type is not the issue type, then how do I link issue type with request type?

Please find the setting below...

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 1.24.59 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2020

Hi @Ratna - This doc details the difference between Request Type and Issue type in Jira/JSD: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-issues-vs-requests

In summary - the "Request type" is what the user selects from the customer portal when creating a ticket. (i.e. it's what the customer would select when creating a ticket from the customer portal). And the "issue-type" is how that issue is categorized internally. 

So for example the customer might enter a ticket with request type = "Report an incident", and that might create a ticket with issue type = "Incident" for the internal teams.

You can view the issue types available under a specific project by going to Project Settings -> Issue Types:

Image 2020-05-11 at 11.20.01 AM.png

Hope that helps,

Samir

Ratna May 11, 2020

Thank you @Samir,

You mentioned,

"So for example the customer might enter a ticket with request type = "Report an incident", and that might create a ticket with issue type = "Incident" for the internal teams"

My question: How would I know that my "request type" is linked to which "issue type" internally?

This is the screenshot of my request type,

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 11.05.54 AM.png

Since my "request type" is not linked with any "issue type". At least I have not linked anywhere if its getting default linked then I don't know where?

Jan-Willem Aikens March 10, 2021

Old issue, but did you get any response back from @Samir , @Ratna ?
I encounter the same problem.

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2021

Hi @Jan-Willem Aikens @Ratna ,

Apologies, I had missed the reply on this one. I would recommend taking a look at the documentation around request types for Jira Service Management. It looks lke they are configured via Project Settings -> Request Types, where you can manage which issue types they are linked to

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-request-types/

http://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-a-request-type/

If you have more questions, I'd recommend posting in the Jira Service Management Community discussion, as this is more a JSM related question than Opsgenie.

Hope that helps!

Jan-Willem Aikens March 10, 2021

Hi @Samir ,

The service management I use is Next gen so it looks a bit different then (see screenshot bij @Ratna )

Does things work differently then?

Jan-Willem 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events