Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view last 24h of alerts? are there date-relevant filters? (newbie)

Chris Redekop November 16, 2021

I would like to provide a saved search for my team which shows all alerts which are either currently open, or were closed within the last 24 hours.  Is this possible? 

We have all our alerts set to automatically close when they're resolved, so if a low severity alert fires transiently, it's possible it could disappear before anyone notices it.  I want to have a view where it is easy to see which alerts have fired recently, without requiring my team to look at the whole list of historical alerts looking at the datetimes to see if they're recent etc.  It would just be much simpler to have this view which shows them the exact items they should be concerned with.

I noticed that there is a "lastOccurredAt" field mentioned in the docs, which sounds like close to what I'd want...I couldn't figure out how to dynamically filter to "the last 24 hours" with it...

Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2021

Hi @Chris Redekop ,

Unfortunately our Alerts tab doesn't have the functionality to query on the last day. It can only query on the exact date at this time: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/search-queries-for-alerts/

We do have an open feature request for this that I've gone ahead and added you to in the meantime. That ticket for reference is MORPHEUS-904Ability to save search filtered by time (i.e. Last Day). Since our tickets are not publicly facing, we'll reach out here if/when this is available.

Within the Alerts tab, your users should be able to search for all alerts over the last day using our prebuilt options though:

alertscom1.jpg

Chris Redekop November 16, 2021

Thanks....yeah, it would be nice to be able to specify that in the saved search, instead of requiring the team to always explicitly choose their the timeframe. I'm hoping to make this as easy as possible for them...harder for them to screw it up 😂  Oh well hopefully that feature will come relatively soon. Thanks!

Like Richard Labonté likes this
Richard Labonté February 22, 2023

Any update on this one? Any chance I can be added to MORPHEUS-904 as well to follow progress?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events