Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send Slack Direct Messages as Notifications?

Felipe Almeida December 5, 2019

Hi.

I'm using the Slack Integration right now and although it works well I can't do something I need.

I want to use OpsGenie Escalation/Rotation together with the Slack Integration so that members in the rotation get notified via slack direct messages.

Right now, alerts are just sent to a slack channel but it doesn't notify members in the rotation.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hi @Felipe Almeida

Right now it's only possible to setup a slack integration with a specific channel, we don't have a way to send slack notifications as direct messages. I'd be happy to enter a feature request for this to see if it is something we would be able to implement! Feel free to reach out to us at support via the in-app chat (blue bubble in bottom right corner of screen when logged into OG), or via a ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/

Would be happy to further discuss this idea with you.

Thanks,

Samir

Andrew February 1, 2024

@samir - is this still the case that this is not supported? Feature looks to have been added.

If this has been added I am having issues with this not working. Even if I specify the slack userIDs is still does not send any DM's. I am using a web hook set up for this

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 4.05.17 pm.png

Like Paul Biagio likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events