Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search alerts when description are in json format?

Olivier Truong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 19, 2024

Hello,

we have some alerts whose description are in a json format. For example a description would be like

{"key": "value", "key2":"value2"}

How can we search the alerts to find them? I tried something like 

description:"{\"key\": \"value\"}" 

or

description:"*value*"

but nothing is returned.

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shashwat Khare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2024

Hello @Olivier Truong ,

I'm Shashwat from the Opsgenie support team :) 

Please note that the JSON query search is not supported currently in the alert description field.

I tried the same in my test lab and saw that we're not able to search for the key name or the key-value when it's parsed inside the description field in the JSON format.

Instead, you can use the details.key or the details.value field to search for the extra property name or value in Opsgenie, provided they are getting parsed inside alert extra property fields from the description field.

Please refer to the below documents link on how to parse the description field inside the Extra Property for the Opsgenie alerts:
https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/dynamic-fields-in-opsgenie-integrations/
https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/string-processing-methods-in-opsgenie-integrations/

Best,
Shashwat

Olivier Truong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

Hello @Shashwat Khare thank you for taking the time to check and reply. At least I didn't miss something from the documentation.

Like Shashwat Khare likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events