Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove alert fields

SebManGK March 9, 2023

Hi team,

we use Prometheus-->Alertmanager-->Opsgenie-->MSTeams for our alerts.

I simply want to remove the alert-field "source" within the Prometheus-integration for not having too much waste in the incoming alerts  and I don't know how to achieve this.

Can you please advise?

Regards

2 answers

1 vote
SebManGK March 14, 2023

Hi @Nick H

thank you for your answer.

I already know this editable field. But I'm not sure how to "disable" it completely, so that I don't have any souce field in the alerts at all (because it's quite unnecessary for us).

Can you give me an example how to implement this?

(Because we use a monitoring stack for our clusters managed by Rancher, its not that simple to tell the alertmanager, which fields should be removed before sending alerts to the receivers (in our case OpsGenie).)

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2023

It's not possible to entirely remove the Source (or any other default alert field) at this time.

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2023

Hi @SebManGK ,

You can edit what parses (or does not parse) in the Source field within the integration's Advanced tab. Note - this tab is only available under the Standard and Enterprise plans / JSM/O Premium and Enterprise plans:

prom1.jpgprom2.jpg

If you do not have access to this tab, I believe you can also edit what parses in the Source field being sent from Prometheus >> Opsgenie under the Alertmanager's yml file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events