Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a team assigned to an Incident

tmazzola December 16, 2021

Hi all,

New to my role and trying to discover how to remove a team that has been assigned to one of our incidents. We have two teams assigned to this incident when there should only be one, which means alerts are consistently being acknowledged by the wrong team. I have Owner level permissions but can't see how to view or change my incidents. Any help is appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2021

Hi @tmazzola !

You can remove a team as a responder from an incident by hovering over the team and clicking the "X" 

2021-12-16_11-13-59.png

However there is not a way to remove responders from alerts, this can only be done for incidents.

Thanks,

Samir

Hi Samir,

Thanks for the quick response. However, I don't have an Incidents tab to view; shouldn't this be included with the Owner Role?

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 10.25.51 AM.png

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2021

It depends what plan you are on. You may be on an older Opsgenie plan that doesn't include Incidents. Incident Management is a whole separate feature set in Opsgenie.

Hi Samir, 

Yes, I woudln't be surprised if we were. Any ideas on how I can get past this issue? This particular incident is extremely common and is causing lots of confusion being routed to two teams.

Samir
Atlassian Team
December 16, 2021

Once an alert is created, there is no way to remove a team as a responder on that alert.

But it sounds like we need to look at why these alerts are being created with 2 teams. Generally, the integration is assigned to a team which determines which team will be a responder. Perhaps your integration is set-up to create alerts with 2 teams as responders. If so, you can remove one of the teams from the integration.

Might best for you to reach out to support via support.atlassian.com so we can take a look at these alerts and see why these alerts are being created with 2 teams as responders.

Thanks, I will submit a support ticket!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events