Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to poll other API regularly

Ingo Dean January 10, 2022

There seems to be no Meraki integration in OpsGenie?

I'd like to receive notifications when a Meraki AP or Switch goes offline. The email notification is pretty ugly, batching multiple devices into a single email, which makes it impossible to track up/down for individual devices?

Meraki does offer an API call which looks much easier to parse:
https://api.meraki.com/api/v0/organizations/<XXXX>/deviceStatuses

This returns (properly authenticated, of course) a nice JSON status of all my devices, including a "status" key.

Is it possible to (a) regularly call this authenticated API directly from OpsGenie and (b) parse the JSON into just the parts I want to see and alert on? 

Or am I barking up the wrong tree and not understanding OpsGenie at all?

1 answer

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Ingo Dean !

Opsgenie does not currently have a pre-built integration with Meraki, however we do have a feature request for this.

Alerts are created in Opsgenie by other tools sending alerts to Opsgenie. So there isn't a way to set-up Opsgenie to poll Merkai for alerts via their API. You could set-up some sort custom solution with a script to poll Meraki for alerts via API, and then create the alerts in Opsgenie via our Alert API.

For example you could set-up a cron job that runs every X minutes that executes a script to poll Meraki for alerts via their API, and then if there are alerts, create them in Opsgenie via API.

But there isn't a way for Opsgenie to poll/pull alerts from other tools, alerts need to be sent to Opsgenie.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Samir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events