Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to parse multiple tags in an email?

Doug McGibbon October 12, 2021

I'm using the email integration to pick up alerts from some of our systems and am parsing the email using the advanced string processing.  I've managed to parse the alert priority, entity, source and I can parse one tag by using

{{ message.substringBetween("Tags:","#") }} 

in the Tags field and including

Tags: Incremental#

in the actual email which will apply the tag "Incremental" to the alert. But I can't figure out how to parse multiple tags so that they appear separately on the alert.  I've tried multiple entries in the Tags field in the template, using different substring identifiers, quotes, commas and a few other things, but the all come through as one big tag, so : "Incremental CIG ODS" rather than as three separate tags : "Incremental", "CIG", "ODS".

Thanks

Doug McGibbon

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2021

Hi @Doug McGibbon ,

This is Darryl, Opsgenie Support. I am here to help. 😃

Understand that you would like to parse the tags by extracting from the strings in the Email body with the String Processing Method and separate them by a comma.

Unfortunately, in the current design, this is not feasible as it will be just like you have seen, parsed into 1 long tag.

I have just added you to an existing feature request, HEIMDALL-2930, and we will keep you posted on this thread.

Please note that our Product team reviews all feature requests together and they prioritize those with higher demand to be implemented first and any feature requests will take months until is ready since it needs to go through Design, Development, Testing, and rolling out to Production.

Further, every feature requests tickets are logged on our internal system without public access for our customers.

Thank you for reporting this here helping us make Opsgenie better! ðŸ˜ƒ

Hope you will enjoy using Opsgenie.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Opsgenie Support

Doug McGibbon October 14, 2021

Hi. 

Thanks, I suspected as much once I looked at the way it was parsing the data.  Note that I also raised a support ticket for this (OGSP-77047) so you might want to head that one off.

Dougie

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events