Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make ticket updates bidirectional when using the Jira Cloud / Opsgenie integration?

Issy Pearson January 26, 2023

I'm testing out the new integration between Jira Cloud and Opsgenie and so far so good.

However there is one scenario I am having trouble with that goes as follows: When an issue is created in Jira Cloud, a subsequent alert in created in Opsgenie. Then when I update the priority of the Jira Cloud issue, the priority of the subsequent alert in Opsgenie does not update. As a user I would expect the Opsgenie alert to update its' priority based on any changes made to the Jira Cloud issue. How would I go about doing this? I'm aware of the incoming integration rules that can be setup in Opsgenie, but so far I've found that it doesn't handle this scenario.

Below are the incoming automation rules that are in place at the moment:

Screenshot 2023-01-27 165637.pngScreenshot 2023-01-27 165706.png

Any help would be much appreciated and if there are any other details I can provide, please let me know.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2023

Hello @Issy Pearson 
Thank you for contacting the Atlassian community!

The ability to update the Opsgenie alert priority when the Jira ticket priority is updated is currently possible only with the Legacy Jira integrations and currently, this option is not available on new Jira Cloud Integrations. However, we have a feature request open with our engineering team and OPSGENIE-205 is the ticket ID for your reference.

I hope the information provided is helpful.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events