cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle user holidays in Opsgenie

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2022

Hi there,

How do you handle a holiday for a user in the on call schedule.

User 4 is taking Thursday and Friday off.  There is no override for them as there are three other people on call who will cover those two days.  User 4 is going to do Saturday and Sunday and User 3 is taking Saturday and Sunday off.

Not sure how you handle this with a scheduled on-call roster.  I was looking at the overrides but it seems someone has to take the time slot you can't just blank it out for someone.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2022

Hi @Ste404 ,

There is an option to add No-one into an override which leaves the on-call blank - if that is what you need for on Thursday and Friday:

sched2.jpg

sched3.jpg

But if you need multiple users to cover the on-call for Thursday / Friday (or another shift), you may want to add a few one-off rotations that only cover those days - since only one user can exist on-call in a rotation.

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2022

got it thanks, that works out fine.  I had an override in when people were actually swapping their shifts and that is effective, but I just needed to basically wipe out a rotation for a person for a couple of days.  Adding that in works well, showing the dash in the final schedule is perfect.

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events