It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to enable integration with OpsGenie?

Hello,
I had to install OpsGenie Edge Connector on our test Jira server but when I am trying to submit alert on OpsGenie side, I can't get Jira SD to make ticket from that alert. Communication works from OpsGenie (OG) to Jira SD server. This is part of the output.txt file:
WARNING:root:[createIssue] Could not execute at Jira Service Desk; response: b'{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"components":"Component/s is required."}}' status code: 400
In the settings for that project there are fields which are needed for creation of the ticket. "Component/s" is there as hidden. I was not able to remove it completely. When I made it blank - didn't help
I tried to define "Component/s" on OG side but no success as well. I am still getting above warning.
Can you please help me get thru that error message so Jira SD could create tickets based on OG alerts?

1 answer

1 vote
Robert Atlassian Team Jul 02, 2020

Hi @pavol_cvincek01 !

If the Jira project and issue type you are sending alerts to have (non-standard) required fields (like a component), there are two main options for getting them filled:

1. Use Manual Issue Creation for Jira Software. This flow will essentially bring up the same Create Issue modal from Jira, including custom fields. The downside of this option is it isn't automated; a user would have to click the "Create Issue" button in an alert. 2020-07-02_11-50-38_01.png
  2. Customize the OEC script to include component in the createIssue action: https://github.com/opsgenie/oec-scripts/blob/master/Jira/scripts/actionExecutor.py#L113

This would end up looking something like this:
     content_params = {
    "fields": {
    "project": {
    "key": project_key
    },
    "issuetype": {
    "name": issue_type_name
    },
    "summary": queue_message.get("summary"),
    "description": queue_message.get("description"),
    "labels": [toLabel.replace("\\s", "")],
    "components": [{
    "id": component
    }]
    }
    }

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Enhanced Incident Response from Opsgenie’s Mobile App

We’ve released a new version of the Opsgenie Mobile App that includes enhancements already introduced into the web app to empower a collaborative, transparent incident management process. To enjoy th...

163 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you