Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable alerts to be created in Opsgenie when a ticket is lodged in JSD?

Earl Kabiling September 8, 2020

Hi, 

Opsgenie to JSD integrations is working in our setup which is brilliant. However, I prefer to have "ONLY" one way that is when an alert is created in Opsgenie it will log a ticket in JSD.

I would hope to find a solution to "disable" the integration when a ticket is lodged in JSD it's also creating an alert in Opsgenie. 

Thanks, 

Earl 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aysun Özgün
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2020

Hi @Earl Kabiling,

If you were not creating JSD issues for Opsgenie alerts, you could go ahead and disable the integration-and even delete it if you think you'll not be using the integration any more!

However if you'd like to keep the outgoing flow (creating JSD issues for Opsgenie alerts) running, disabling integration would be disabling this flow as well!

This being said, let me present available options for your case:

1.Disabling data posting to Opsgenie on JSD side:

-If you connected Opsgenie with JSD via Webhook; you can disable or delete WebHook configuration on your JSD instance.

Administration menu > System > WebHooks > disable the hook(s) with URL of the JSD integration

-If you connected Opsgenie with JSD via automation rules; you can disable or remove automation configuration on your JSD instance.

Projects > select your project > Project settings > Automation > disable the rule(s) sending web requests to URL of the JSD integration

2.Alternatively on Opsgenie side, you can change how data sent from JSD is processed.

Please go to Advanced settings (from right top button if you're not seeing rules such as Ignore, Create Alert, etc.)

-You can delete all the "Create Alert" rules. With this; even though JSD continues to post data to the integration, Opsgenie will not be applying Create Alert action and hence will not be creating any alerts.

Overall, my suggestion would be disabling the WebHook configuration because this option also reduces unwanted traffic between your JSD instance and Opsgenie.

Hope this helps! 

Earl Kabiling September 10, 2020

Thanks Aysun! 

Gotcha that make sense.. it's working now as I preferred

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events