Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create reports based on service impact duration?

Glen Leonhard January 29, 2021

I am looking to use Opsgenie to provide SLA uptime reports based on the individual services. I was expecting that the Infrastructure Health Report would provide this automatically based on the impact duration of the individual incidents that was registered per service. This does however not seem to be the case.

I am therefore wondering how would I be able to extract the total impact duration for all incidents on a given service for a given period of time?

Please note... that impact started and impact ended on the incidents may have been modified after the incident was created to ensure SLA accuracy.

I would also like to understand how the current Service Uptime Percentage (in the Infrastructure Health Report) is calculated, since it doesn't seem to use the impact duration?

1 answer

0 votes
Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2021

Hi @Glen Leonhard 

To answer your question on extracting total impact duration for all incidents on a given service for a given period of time you can make use of the filters for this report to define the service and time period.

Image 2021-02-01 at 11.44.34 am

How the Service Uptime Percentages works:

Over the period of time designated by the filter, displays via bar graph what percentage of time services were without incidents. Shows up to 30 services, the ones with the lowest percentage of uptime first.

We do have a feature request to work on our incident reporting as Currently, incident reports pull the elapsed time from open to close on the incident. We will be reviewing options for reporting on the impact start and end times

Another report you can check out is the Service Health Reports

Thanks,
Connor

Glen Leonhard February 1, 2021

It is unfortunate that you do not currently provide the option to use the Impact duration (Impact Start to Impact End) in your reports, as this is exactly what I am missing. Basically if I could choose to use this metric for the Service Level Uptime calculation instead of the open to close values.

You mention that you have already recorded a feature request for including other metrics within your incident reporting - is it possible to track this?

Finally, I don't seem to have access to the "Service Health Reports" entry under Analytics. I'm currently using Opsgenie as part of the Jira Service Management cloud offering.

Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Glen Leonhard 

Unfortunately, that's the case :( 

What I will do is push for an update on this case and when it comes to feature requests for Opsgenie that are tracked internally but the Ticket ID is OGS-1253 

This feature request is specifically for using impact timings on the incident reports.

For service Health Reports this should be available but to access this you will need to:

• Navigate to the Services tab
  • Click on the Team Settings link located when hovering over a particular service
  • You will now see the button for the service health report

Image 2021-02-02 at 9.34.08 am

yuriy_kolbasnikov-ext February 8, 2023

Is there any news regarding OGS-1253 and when service health report could be count based on service impact duration instead of incident elapsed time?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events