Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add responder only when de-duplication count > 1?

William Lee August 11, 2022

Hi, I have a scenario whereby I only wish to add a team as a responder on an alert when I get multiple occurrences of that alert.  I'm aware of being able to delay notifications based upon de-deduplication count, but I can't see anyway to delay adding a team as a responder.  In this use case, I don't want the additional responder to take any action (and not even be aware of the alert) until it occurs multiple times.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2022

Hi @William Lee ,

That unfortunately is not possible at this time, but we have an open feature request you can follow, watch and vote for here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-471

Like you mentioned, closest functionality Opsgenie has at this time is with a notification policy that delays / suppresses notifications until a deduplication threshold is met.

You could also auto-close the alert after x-time through the notification policy so no action is realistically needed on these types of alerts:

pol1.jpg

William Lee August 11, 2022

Thanks, @Nick H.  That looks like the feature I need!  Unfortunately, the auto-close suggestion won't work for me as I also want to be able to include time as additional criteria i.e. only assign a team as a responder if an alert occurs multiple times (with the same alias) within a 30-minute period and it's possible the additional responder may act before the 30 minutes is up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events