Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a depended alert

vinayak.prasannakumar April 18, 2022

I need to get an alert XX only when XY is in an open state and vice versa.

or say when both alerts are in an open state I would like to get some notification/alert about it. 

Is there any way to implement this? 

1 answer

1 vote
Justin Sitarz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Hi Vinayak!

Justin here, from Opsgenie support - happy to help!

The short answer to your questions is no - not directly in Opsgenie, at least. There's not *really* a way to alter alert or notification behavior based on other open alerts in your account. Having said that, a few things come close (and may work in your case, depending) - the first is notification policies:

Atlassian Documentation | Notification Policies

Notification policies can alter alert notification behavior based on alert duplication - so, you can, for example, require a certain number or rate of duplicate alerts before notifying, or you can delay auto-closing of alerts until after a certain time since the last duplicate was received. 

The second is our service/incident framework - incidents function as a sort of 'meta' alert, with the capability to aggregate multiple alerts, and spin off additional alerts to different responders. With this, you could trigger an incident from an alert using our incident rules, and then trigger any number of different responder alerts assigned to individual users or teams. See our documentation for full details on how this framework can be used:

Atlassian Documentation | Incident Overview

Atlassian Documentation | Incident Rules

While neither of those options might be a perfect solution, there may be something there that allows you to get close to what you're wanting. With that in mind - please do let me know if you have any other questions about this or anything else!

Best, 

Justin Sitarz

Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events