Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you set up notifications when a P1 alert is acked but not closed?

Edgardo Isaula August 12, 2024

Im trying to set up notifications for P1 alerts, the alert is recedved, and then acked, but i want to notify after a certain period of time when this alert is not closed but just acked

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris DeGidio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2024

Hi @Edgardo Isaula 

You would set this up in the team escalation policy. There are two options to select during a notification step/event. If the alert is not closed or if the alert is not ackd. You will want to add a step for not closed: 

2024-08-13_13-57-21.png

Edgardo Isaula August 13, 2024

Hello @Chris DeGidio ! thank you for your answer! However, I saw that option, but the problem with it, is that it applies it to all of the alerts (P1-P5), it does not let me customize it by priority, for example, if I want to notify x user if a P1 alert is acked but not closed in 120 min, and another one, I want to notify x user if a P2 alert is acked but not closed in 180 min, so we can meet SLAs especifically.

Thanks in advance.   

Chris DeGidio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2024

hi @Edgardo Isaula you would apply a different escalation policy dependent on the details of the alert via a routing rule. So for example for a p1 you can route that alert to its own escalation policy seperate from other alerts with different priorities. 

2024-08-14_08-19-28.png

Like Edgardo Isaula likes this
Edgardo Isaula August 14, 2024

Thank you @Chris DeGidio that worked great :)

0 votes
Edgardo Isaula August 13, 2024

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events