Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we disable the phone-answering service on an integrated phone number?

Andrew Shewchenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 20, 2024

Our team does not want to receive interactive phone calls through OpsGenie (the functionality is really bad, slow to connect, difficult to hear, leaves everyone frustrated, and often results in the whole team being escalated to due to the slowness in OpsGenie connecting the call), but we still want to be able to receive SMS messages to said number.

Is there a way to disable this functionality while retaining the SMS? If not possible, is there a way to automatically route interactive phone calls to an answering service that will transcribe to text and send that in an alert to the escalation group receiving it? 

We're at a loss with this, as the feature as currently implemented is very frustrating for us, and ultimately leading us to look at other options for our oncall. 

1 answer

1 vote
Nicolas Grossi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2024

@Andrew Shewchenko Welcome, what is your license type ? If you have an active license you might contact support.atlassian.com.

I guess that feature is not available currently.

Nicolas

Andrew Shewchenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2024

We're on Standard. it looks like Atlassian's preference is for questions/issues like this to hash out in public first and tickets later, so I started here - but I'll see what Support says.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events