Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the Priority for an Alert when creating with Opsgenie bot in MS Teams?

Chris Kull November 18, 2021

How do I set the Priority for an Alert when creating with Opsgenie bot in MS Teams?

2 answers

1 vote
Wei Wung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2022

Although alert priority cannot be sent with the initial create alert command, you can thereafter use the lately added update priority command to update the alert priority.  The following is from the @OpsGenie bot help command:

• update priority to [P1,P2,P3,P4 or P5] for [tinyID] - Update priority of the alert with [tinyID].

Here is an example:

@Opsgenie update priority to P2 for 1117

where 1117 is the alert tinyId. 

1 vote
Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2021

Hi Chris,

I dont believe you can set the priority directly from the Microsoft Teams Opsgenie Bot. As a workaround what you could do is setup a global policy to listen for certain conditions that come from the Microsoft Teams bot to change the alert priority.

Setting up the global policy:

1. Go to Settings > Global Policies.
  2. Add an alert policy.
  3. Set the conditions to match the source which should be MSTeamsV2 and if the message contains P1.
  4. Define the priority in the alert policy to be P1.
  5. Now when triggering a new alert from the Opsgenie Bot if the message contains P1, it will create the alert as P1.
  6. Repeat these steps for each of the priorities.

Check out the following screenshot of the setup and this in action:

Image 2021-11-22 at 12.33.44 pm

Image 2021-11-22 at 12.35.19 pm

Image 2021-11-22 at 12.41.26 pm

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Connor

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin