Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the start date of a linked issue to "now" with post functions and nunjucks?

FMassaro July 18, 2019

Hi everyone,

I have configured my Jira instance to collate all the issues within our project portfolio into a capacity plan program I created in Big Hand. I am using the original estimate to estimate the effort required for each task, these are then scheduled in the resource view provided by BigHand according to their start date and due date. 

It works amazingly, but the view is somewhat ruined by delayed tasks: I am not able to see how these are impacting on our capacity and what is the domino effect of a delayed task on the rest of the sprint/project stream.

I am willing to have a small discrepancies for single tasks running late, but I would like to reschedule the linked successor tasks as soon as the late one goes into "done" status.

I plan to do that with a post function attached to the transition that set the "predecessor" task to done. I just have a small issue, I don't know how to instruct JMWE to set the start date for the "successor" task to the moment the "task completed" transition has been executed.

is there a way to set the start date of a linked issue to "now" using nunjucks? Could anybody help me in understanding what is the correct expression I should use?

Thank you very much 

1 answer

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

Hi,

did you look at the "Expected Value" help tab right below the Value field of the post-function configuration screen? It shows an example of how to input the current date, even explaining how to make sure the date is set to "today" in the desired timezone, as "now" can be one day in one timezone and the next (or previous) day in another:

{{ now | date("tz","America/Los_Angeles") | date("YYYY-MM-DD") }}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events