cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we manually close alerts eg. Cloudwatch integration alerts

Priya Nambiar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2023

There are some alerts in cloudwatch that may not be closed correctly through the integration setup. 

If that happens, is there a way to "Manually close" alerts.

Today if a user tries to manually click the Close button, it gives error " Incoming data doesn't match the rule"

How can we enable users to manually close alerts in addition to auto close rule setup in Cloudwatch integration for example.

1 answer

1 vote
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2023

Hello @Priya Nambiar 

Thank you for contacting the Atlassian community!

As I understand from the request, you are facing issues closing the alert. Can you please further elaborate on getting the error "Incoming data doesn't match the rule" when manually attempting to close the alert? May I please know if the user attempted to close the alert on the Opsgenie user interface and got that error? Can you please attach any screenshot of the error? Please note if you are required to share any user or organization related sensitive information then please do reach out to us at https://support.atlassian.com/contact and our technical support team will help you accordingly.

For closing the alerts there are currently two options available,

1. Manually closing the alert from the Opsgenie user interface using the close button on the alert.

2. Configuring Advanced Integration settings for the close alert condition. If you are noticing the error "Incoming data doesn't match" in alert logs then this is the setting required to configure correctly to match the incoming payload from Cloudwatch to Opsgenie alert condition.

I hope the information provided is helpful.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events