Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i do string processing in alert field in opsgenie with some If condition?

D G
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2021

I have a use case where i am using email integration for multiple type of alerts.. for one type subject contains "<" and hence opsgenie truncates the subject and just show before "<". in order to fix this i used {{ subject.substringBefore("<")}} {{ subject.substringAfter("<") }} in Alert field.. but this will break other alerts which doesnt have "<".. i want to use some if condition.. is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2021

Hi @D G ,

You should be able to configure "if conditions" within the Advanced tab of the Email integration. Note - the Advanced tab is only available on the Standard and Enterprise plans.

Each Create Alert action acts as an if condition - so IF the filter of the Create Alert action matches the defined conditions, THEN continue with that Create Alert action.

IF the filter of the Create Alert action does not match - Opsgenie will look at the following action(s) to try and find a match.

That configuration might look something like below with a few different actions / filters:

stringcomm1.jpgstringcomm2.jpg

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions, issues, etc. - especially if you are seeking something else.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events