cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I setup national holidays?

Heino von dem Bussche April 23, 2019

Hello,

We use a routing rule to route alerts mo.-fr. 8:00-18:00 to escalation team1

Everything else get routed to on-duty schedule.

At on-duty schedule we rotate weekly.

I hoped that I can create separate routing rules for each holiday but I can not create rules for specific date and time.

What is the best way to setup national holidays in my workflow?

Best regards

Heino

4 answers

3 votes
BlueNET_Sandbox April 27, 2019

Would be cool if we could import event like holidays from a Google Calendar.

1 vote
Susan_Lee November 27, 2019

I also have a use case for this scenario. We have a different response time requirement during some holidays and it would be nice to simply add a holiday calendar into the routing rules. 

0 votes
jbartlett86 September 30, 2020

-

0 votes
Emirhan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2019

Hello Heino, 

Thank you for contacting Opsgenie Community. 

Currently, defining a routing rule for future dates is not an option. However, we do have a feature request for this option, and I might add your account name under it if you could share your account details with me. 

On the other hand, a workaround could be adding overrides for specific date and times as "No-One".

By doing that, without messing your routing rule configurations, you could add override as "No-One", or any user you would like to add and when an alert is assigned to a specific team, it will be forwarded to No-One or the person you've added as override. 

Hope my answer was helpful, let me know if anything else is needed!
Best regards,

Heino von dem Bussche April 24, 2019

Hello Emirhan,

I can use overrides only if I drop the routing rules and put anything to On-Call Schedules.

But this is cumbersome because I have to plan the holidays and the on-call persons long time ahead. If the persons switch the on-duty shifts they have to remember the Overrides too.

Best regards

Heino

Deleted user May 5, 2020

Hi Emirhan,

You can add my name under this feature request too. At office hours we route our alerts to an escalation schedule with short escalation intervals and a daily rotation. At holidays and out-of-office hours we wan't to route our alerts to a schedule without escalation having a weekly rotation.

Please allow routing rules for custom dates.

By the way, we would like the Incoming Call Routing follow these routing rules as well. Maybe you can add my name to that feature request too. Currently our routing rules are ignored by the Incoming Call Routing. 

Best regards,

Bart

Danny Soo May 5, 2020

Hi Emirhan,

You can add my name for this feature request as well. Much appreciated. 

regards,
Danny

Ryan Silcox [Administrator] July 16, 2020

Please add my name to this request also!

niclas.ivarsson September 14, 2021

I'd like to be notified when this is complete as well (and, considering there's been some time, has anything progressed/been scheduled for development here?)

Michael Grivas April 5, 2022

Please add me to the list, too. Thank you.

Could a plugin for Confluence calendar be an option ?

Like sigurdurs likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events