Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I send a separate alert to each member of a team?

Kim Barry December 19, 2022

How can I send a separate alert to each member of a team? I don't want one of them acknowledging it and it to stop alerting the other team members. Or one of them to close it and it stop alerting the others. They should all get their own alert, and their actions don't impact the others' alerts.Web capture_19-12-2022_12500_bgm.app.opsgenie.com.jpeg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2022

Hi @Kim Barry ,

That's not really possible at this time, nor how Opsgenie is intended to be used. An integration can only create one alert per request received. It cannot then create x-amount of alerts from that to notify/assign individual users after.

Notifying all team members would probably be the best option even if this does not continue notifying others after the alert is ack'd.

The closest thing would be creating an incident from an alert, and having it tied to a service that adds each as an individual responder so each gets their own alert:

user1.jpg

^ But this is far from best practice in my opinion, and I would not suggest it. I'm just mentioning what Opsgenie functionality is available at this time that is the closest to your ask.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events