Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make opsgenie sent message to slack differently on day and night

Lawrence November 9, 2020

Our opsgenie is integrated with pingdom.

we're looking for a feature that would allow us to change the monitoring behavior based on a schedule
for example, during the day, alert when it receive http call from pingdom, however, during the off hours (e.g. midnight to 4am or something), only alarm if the service is down for 15 minutes(or opsgenie only alarm if it received over 3 downtime alert from pingdom )

appreciate if any advice.

1 answer

0 votes
Wei Wung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

Hi @Lawrence

Thank you for reaching out.  Unlike voice/SMS/email/mobile push notifications (which are contact methods in Opsgenie), Slack is a chat integration whose messages are triggered by alert actions such as when an alert is created, acknowledged, closed, etc.  As such, it is not currently controlled by notification policies that you can set time restrictions for.

I am adding you to a feature request for the ability to delay the Slack messages similar to those found in notification policies like the examples you shared.  If this feature request is implemented, we will post an update here.

Lawrence November 11, 2020

thank you for letting me know.

Like Wei Wung likes this
Wei Wung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

you are welcome!

Connor McBrine-Ellis September 27, 2021

@Wei Wung could you please share that feature request with me as my team is interested in seeing this functionality implemented as well, it would give us some additional flexibility on our Slack integration.

Maria Wyrzykowska August 4, 2022

Was there any progress in implementing this feature? I would also like to see it added!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events