Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I auto close Associated or Responder alerts?

Kai Dong October 13, 2023

We are migrating to Opsgenie from another product and I have been testing in Opsgenie. One thing we'd like to do is auto close alerts that people may have forgotten to over time.

I have implemented an automatic closure policy for these alerts as a preliminary trial. However, it appears that none of the associated or responder alerts were closed through this approach. I would appreciate any guidance in identifying any overlooked elements in this process.
autoclosealerts.png

Edit:

The auto close policy above works inconsistently. It would auto close alerts from integrations like Datadog. Alerts from other integrations like the Opsgenie Alert API it does not auto close. Same kind of alerts are sent through and only 1 occurrence.

1 answer

0 votes
Tom Russell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2023

If you're just trying to do cleanup, our team uses an external process for that. We run a script every morning that hits the API to find and close any alerts that have been open for longer than a specified threshold (we use 30 days).

Kai Dong October 13, 2023

Thanks for the response. That will be something we'll consider for cleaning up.

There's just behaviors that we are not used to. Like recovery alerts from the Datadog integration does not close responder alerts and it continues to alert the on-call when the issue is no longer present. This can become tiresome after a few times.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events