Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Iira Service Managers Management integrate with Opsgenie

Vadym Kalujny December 21, 2020

I need to create alert in the Opsgenie when creating an incident in the Service Desk Management, how can I do this?

I use cloud Service Managers Management

1 answer

2 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020

Hi @Vadym Kalujny ,

Out of the box, only "Major" incidents will automatically creates Opsgenie alerts / incidents.

If you want other types of JSM incidents or tickets to create Opsgenie alerts, you will need to configure an integration with JSM following these steps: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/jiraservicedesk-integration

Let us know if you run into any questions or issues with this.

Joey Klein January 4, 2021

@Nick H - I'm just getting started on this as well.  Ive read all the documentation and watched videos anmd Im struggling.  Do I just need to connect the apps like the documentation above shows or also configure a webhook?  I had both and too many things were 'happening' so I removed the webhook thinking I didn't need it and now the connection appears to be broken? 

Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

@Joey Klein I'm still learning but I mostly have it figured out I think. They make it very complicated.

After you have Opsgenie set up with teams, on-call and the like you need to go to integrations under teams. Then Add integrations, JSM and it gives you the instructions on how to add a webhook. Add the webhook and use the JQL to identify the types of tickets you want to send to Opsgenie.

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2021

@Chris Thomas ,

Thanks correct for integrating JSM << >> Opsgenie. We spoke with @Joey Klein through another community post that can be reviewed here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Auto-create-Opsgenie-incident-from-JSM/qaq-p/1572121

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events