Help with debugging a team action/channel.

Michael Hilty March 8, 2020

Hello,

I am working on setting up a team action to send MMS notifications using Twilio.  I have configured the action channel for the Twilio REST endpoint, and have configured an action with all predefined values, following the Twilio examples.  I cannot get it to send a test message from the team action.

In the alert log, I can see where it executed the team action, and I see in the OpsGenie logs where the action was executed, but no HTTP response information or any other helpful debugging information.  On the Twilio side, I am not seeing anything in the logs.

I am new to creating actions, and any help in debugging a REST endpoint action/action channel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Hilty

michael.hilty@compucom.com

1 answer

0 votes
Robert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2020

Hi @Michael Hilty !

I just did a couple tests on my own account with an action tied to a request bin site (https://beeceptor.com). When I configured the request bin to reply with something like a 502 status code, Opsgenie retried the action 10 times then logged the response:

Image 2020-03-10 at 8.56.13 AM.png

So it did take a minute or so to go through the retries, but logged the status code afterward.

Do you at least see these entries for the action you've set up? Or are you only seeing the action was sent and/or failed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events