Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help creating a ticket in Jira Service Desk using Opsgenie Alerts

Tavas Neuwirth December 9, 2020

I am unable to set up the Jira integration to Create tickets when I receive a alert come into OpsGenie from any of my connected sources. The alerts are created just fine but then no ticket is created in my Service desk. I even watched the video that the official Opsgenie account posted and went step by step and still nothing.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Tavas Neuwirth ,

There's a few things that you'll want to check when testing. 

1) If the JSM integration is assigned to a team, the test alerts should also be sent to the same team. 

Same goes for if the integration is assigned to [No Team] - the test alerts should NOT be sent to a team.

2) The alert's Activity Log tab. This will log any errors like 400, 401, 404, etc. 

Jira comm 1.jpg

If you see any errors here, you can further troubleshoot the error under the Settings tab >> Logs tab:

Jira comm 2.jpg

Let us know if you see any errors, and if so - what the log indicates.

So I am viewing the log and it is showing it sent it.

But I don't think its sending it right. That isn't the service desk I am trying to send to.

SentJira.PNG

That is the name of the integration but it never got sent to my actual Service desk. FYI

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

That typically indicates the Send Via OEC checkbox selected. If you are not using OEC - please uncheck this box >> save the integration >> retest:

https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/jiraservicedesk-integration#integration-via-oec-for-on-premise-jira-service-management-usage

A few other things to review with your integration:

Jira comm 3.jpg

1) Uncheck the Send Via OEC checkbox if you are not using OEC.

2) Issue Type Name: this is case sensitive - so it needs to match the type available in this project exactly.

3) URL format: https://accountname.atlassian.net - nothing after .net or .net/ 

4) Username: This is the email used to log in to the Atlassian site. Best practice is using a site admin's email.

5) Password/API Token: Best practice is using an API token. This doc shows how to generate one: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html

Or - within Atlassian - click on your profile icon >> Profile >> Manage your account >> Security >> Create and manage API Tokens >> copy API token, and paste into the Password/API Token field.

6) Project Key: Project's abbreviation or key - should be in all-caps. 

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Awesome thank you that actually worked I was using the password and it wasn't working but the second I tried the API Token instead it started to work thank you very much!

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events