I am unable to set up the Jira integration to Create tickets when I receive a alert come into OpsGenie from any of my connected sources. The alerts are created just fine but then no ticket is created in my Service desk. I even watched the video that the official Opsgenie account posted and went step by step and still nothing.
Hi @Tavas Neuwirth ,
There's a few things that you'll want to check when testing.
1) If the JSM integration is assigned to a team, the test alerts should also be sent to the same team.
Same goes for if the integration is assigned to [No Team] - the test alerts should NOT be sent to a team.
2) The alert's Activity Log tab. This will log any errors like 400, 401, 404, etc.
If you see any errors here, you can further troubleshoot the error under the Settings tab >> Logs tab:
Let us know if you see any errors, and if so - what the log indicates.
That typically indicates the Send Via OEC checkbox selected. If you are not using OEC - please uncheck this box >> save the integration >> retest:
A few other things to review with your integration:
1) Uncheck the Send Via OEC checkbox if you are not using OEC.
2) Issue Type Name: this is case sensitive - so it needs to match the type available in this project exactly.
3) URL format: https://accountname.atlassian.net - nothing after .net or .net/
4) Username: This is the email used to log in to the Atlassian site. Best practice is using a site admin's email.
5) Password/API Token: Best practice is using an API token. This doc shows how to generate one: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html
Or - within Atlassian - click on your profile icon >> Profile >> Manage your account >> Security >> Create and manage API Tokens >> copy API token, and paste into the Password/API Token field.
6) Project Key: Project's abbreviation or key - should be in all-caps.
In the past, managing IT infrastructure was a hard job. It required a lot of manual effort and it was hard to keep track of all the necessary information (monitoring, scalability etc). Thankfully, as...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events