Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Has anyone integrated Ops genie with share point for on call rota visibility for non ops genie user

I am looking to make the IT rota public, hence looking to integrate the rota with share point which can be made public inside the org. Has someone done this, and can you please share how you did it ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I have done this, but it took a good deal of perl scripting. 

I would basically use API calls to OpsGenie to get the oncall users. Examples of API endpoints that i used..

Get on call user : schedules/$rotation/on-calls?scheduleIdentifierType=name

get next on call user: schedules/$rotation/next-on-calls?scheduleIdentifierType=name

get all users in rotation: schedules/$rotation?identifierType=name

I would generate the ordered on call list

• To determine sharepoint order.
  • On call is first
  • Rotate the rotation till the next on call is first.
  • Add to order as long as it isnt in there already.

Then I would use Sharepoint's API to update that list to a list in sharepoint. Using things like the "lists/GetByTitle" endpoint, and building the structure that sharepoint wants.

I'll be honest here, it took a lot of debugging and really delving into the details of how both the Opsgenie REST API and the Sharepoint REST API worked. I wrote a few perl libraries to handle a lot of the details to get some re-usability out of it.

But it is possible to look up the on call users and rotation, and post that to a sharepoint list for users to see.

Another option you may want to look at is to leverage the ical support in OpsGenie

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/view-your-on-call-schedule/

that might be good enough for what you want to do.

Thanks Andrew, your answer is driving away from this solution, might be hard to maintain this in the long run with no devs on our side. Might use the teams and ical solution and see which gives me best results.

Like Andrew Laden likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events