Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP failed: Request body is not processable. Please check the errors.

Aaron Boyd
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2024

Greetings folks,

We have a Microsoft Power Automate flow setup to monitor an alerting mailbox we have that receives alerts from various security tools that we use. This flow will extract the subject of the e-mail (using the subject trigger), and the body of the mail (using the body trigger) and take the outputs composing a message (subject output) with the description being the body of the e-mail to the Alerts API for OpsGenie.

We randomly started getting HTTP 422 status code errors (after making no changes to the flow) suggesting the message cannot be empty, when we can confirm the message is not empty within the body of the API POST request being made. 

1 answer

0 votes
Elelta D
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2024

Hello Aaron,

I see you are creating an alert by sending something like the message below to the alerts endpoint, but that it has suddenly stopped working after working fine and you see 422 errors event though you made no changes, is that the case?

curl -X POST https://api.opsgenie.com/v2/alerts

-H "Content-Type: application/json"

-H "Authorization: GenieKey xxxxxxx" -d

'{ "message": "An example alert message"}'

Sometimes 422 Unprocessable Content response status code means that the content sent to Opsgenie could not be used, for example if you send the ID for an Opsgenie instance rather than the id of an MS tam channel in an Ms Team integration. The content is in the expected format and syntax but the ID is not correct.

If you would like to directly talk to someone in support about this issue I recommend that you open a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Best

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events