Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error on incoming call routing with correct Twilio Credentials and Number

ankit.pandey November 28, 2022

image.png

I am getting the above error prompt when trying to integrate Twilio based incoming call routing with OpsGenie.

The Twilio credentials and phone number are correct and verified.

Can someone suggest what am I doing wrong ?

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2022

Hi @ankit_pandey ,

I had the same issue.

Prior to taking steps provided by Wei make sure to check your API keys in Twilio. I created it all but then forgot to click on the save button below. This way your create API key and SID info will not be generated. So the data that you copy and paste will be none existing for Twilio and thus Opsgenie.

Go to your API keys and see if the API key actually exists. If this is not the case create a new one and make sure to click on safe.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,
Howard

0 votes
Wei Wung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2022

Hi @ankit_pandey 

How are you doing?  Thank you for reaching out!

Per our Incoming Call integration document, your custom Twilio number must first be purchased from Twilio's US Region 1 and the API keys created in the same US Region 1.  Please check if that is the case for your setup.

To check the number, go to your Twilio Console  > Develop tab > # Phone Numbers > Manage > Active numbers > click into your number > scroll down to Voice & Fax to see its Routing region.

To check the Region for your API key, in your Twilio account, go to Account > API key & tokens > click on the API key used in the incoming call configuration and you will be able to see its Region.

Hope the above helps.

Pamela Barone
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 7, 2023

What a joke. There's nothing about this in the integration setup so I just wasted two hours and $20 setting it up in Twilio only to find out it won't work outside of the US!

Sure would be helpful to include this on the setup page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events