Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freshservice API V2

Nathan Eden August 23, 2022

Freshservice will no longer work with API V1 after Nov 30th, 2022. The documentation on integration with Opsgenie only explains the set up with V1. Is there any new documentation or could someone explain the steps I need to set up V2.

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Nathan Eden ,

Thanks for mentioning this! I believe engineering is also aware, and developing a new Freshservice integration that will be compatible with their v2 API.

Seems like the deprecation will directly affect the existing integration according to this Freshservice page:

Areas of impact

Replace calls to API V1 with calls to the corresponding API V2 endpoints in the following features. After the deprecation date, if you continue using the API V1 in the following features, they will stop working, and all requests made against V1 will fail. 

→ Workflow Automator ( Web Request nodes and “Trigger Webhook” Action nodes)

^ How our documentation outlines the configuration on the FS side.

I don't believe we have an open feature request, but I've added this post to our internal Jira issue and will keep the community updated with any developments along the way. 

Nathan Eden October 11, 2022

Hi Nick,

Following up to see if there have been any developments? FreshService v1 API will stop working on November 30th.

Thanks,

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2022

Hi @Nathan Eden ,

No developments as far as I know, but I've added another note to the internal ticket to ensure this is on our engineers' radar, and hopefully it is escalated soon.

For reference, the internal ticket number is, HEIMDALL-7881

Nathan Eden October 12, 2022

Thank you

Nathan Eden April 18, 2023

Hi @Nick H , 

Freshservice extended the v1 API but end of use is coming up. Has this been addressed?

Thank you

Nick H
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2023

Hi @Nathan Eden ,

I believe engineering updated the integration to authenticate via an API key instead of a user's password:

fs1.jpg

This might not reflect in your current Freshservice integration if it existed before the change - but new ones should have this option now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events