Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraneous Alerts Being Generated

Erica Dohring June 5, 2023

How can I prevent extra alerts from being created?

My team has a Datadog <> OPs Genie Integration that does the following. How can I make it such that we skip step #3 and prevent a creation of an extraneous alert?

1. Alert gets created w/source: Datadog + datadog link in the event URL.

2. Alert matches Incident rule, creates incident, associates alert

3. An additional alert gets created w/ the same description as the first one, but with no source, no integration, and no event URL.. It has a "related incident" link to the same incident described in #2 above, but only the first alert from #1 is listed under "associated alerts". Both alerts are referenced in the timeline

How can I configure ops genie such that only the first alert gets opened + associated?

1 answer

0 votes
Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2023

Hey @Erica Dohring ,

This is expected behavior. When you create an incident, it creates a Responder Alert for each user/team that is a responder on the incident. This is so that every Team/User meant to be notified of the Incident is notified via those Responder alerts.

At the moment, it isn't possible to change this behavior. 

Best,

Erica Dohring June 7, 2023

My team is already listed as a responder on the original alert (#1) so right now they just get paged twice causing extra noise with no benefit :( 

Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2023

Hey @Erica Dohring,

In this case the alert that gets created with source (#1) is then suppressed and no notifications are sent for that as only the 'Responder' alert is responsible for sending out the notifications (Voice/SMS/Email/Push).

Erica Dohring June 8, 2023

What do you mean suppressed? It seems like both alerts are paging my team. 

Plus, if the initial alert gets auto-closed, I don't want the second alert to page my team.

Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
June 9, 2023

Hey @Erica Dohring ,

In that case I may suggest reaching out to Opsgenie Support team via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ so we may request access to your account and investigate your case accordingly.

Best,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events