Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Priority from Email

Sam Gillard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2022

I am trying to integrate several alerting systems into Opsgenie and they all have their own priority level and multiple variations of the alerts. To save some space in the alerts and keep management of the alerts to a minimum I wanted to see if it was possible to translate a value like "Severity: Critical" from the message into "P1" without using the filter. 

I've made a regular expression to return the "Critical|High|Medium|Low" value provided in the email, I just need to convert it to a P1-5 value. Any help is appreciated.

{{ message.extract(/Severity: (.*)/) }}

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2022

Hi Sam,

In this case, you would need to use a filter. There is no way to convert strings from external sources to the necessary 'P' values after they reach Opsgenie. Keep in mind, you can setup multiple 'Create Alert' actions - one for each priority. Otherwise, you would need to use {{priority}} in the Priority field and convert the values to the format Opsgenie is expecting before they are received. 

Sam Gillard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2022

Thanks for the info. That was my fear, but I thought I should verify as I didn't want to have a long list for each item type + severity.

Thanks for the reply!

Like John M likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events