Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting my shifts of a single schedule as a calendar

Jonas Pasche September 8, 2022

I've found out that I can either

- get a webcal link to a calendar of all of my personal shifts (in all schedules I am participating), with a link scheme of /webapi/webcal/getRecentSchedule?webcalToken=...

or

- get a webcal link to a calender of one specific schedule which contains all shifts of all people participating, with a link scheme of /webapi/webcal/getRecentSchedule?webcalToken=...&scheduleId=...

What I am looking for though is a calender of my personal shifts in _one_ specific schedule, so a kind of combination of both.

Background is: We have one schedule for our on-call team, and another schedule which is only for escalation and usually only contains me - like, forever. The result of this is that when I import the "Your on-call schedule" into my calender, it's a forever appointment, always showing up.

I know that it would be possible to configure the escalation to not escalate to another _schedule_ but instead to me as a specific user - which would make sense. But even I would like to go on holidays at some point - and during that time, I would like to hand over to another team member, so it would be nice to be able to put that into the schedule calendar.

So for now a workaround could be to get rid of the escalation schedule, put me specifically as the escalation user, and when I leave for holidays I manually configure a different escalation user, and configure it back. That looks okay but it's not as nice as with a real calender.

Coming from PagerDuty originally, I could export "My on-call shifts on schedule X" and "My on-call shifts on schedule Y" separately, which was nicer. Is there a hidden trick, like a hidden URL argument similar to "scheduleId=..." which could make this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2022

Hey @Jonas Pasche

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Firstly, such functionality is not available in Opsgenie to get your personal shift for a specific On-call schedule. However, you can open up a Feature Suggestion ticket for that here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/MyJiraHome.jspa

As for the workaround, you can proceed the following way:

I know that it would be possible to configure the escalation to not escalate to another _schedule_ but instead to me as a specific user - which would make sense.

Yes that would be a better approach and I would suggest you do that. And then when you would like to go on Holidays you can make use of Forwarding rules instead of Overrides to forward your notifications to another User for specific timeframes.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further queries.

Jonas Pasche September 12, 2022

Thank you Muhammad, that's a nice trick that I wasn't aware of!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events