Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing genie commands without opsgenie user

Greg Scott May 26, 2023

Hello,

Folks on my team that do not have opsgenie access would still like to execute genie commands such as `/genie list teams`. When they do so, they receive the message `Matching user is required to use this functionality.` I had assumed that leaving "Require matching user" unchecked in the slack integration config would allow this, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Any help would be much appreciated.

Best,

Greg

1 answer

0 votes
Wei Wung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2023

Hi Greg,

Thanks for reaching out! There are some /genie commands that does not require the Slack user to run the "/genie connect" command to match their Slack user account to their Opsgenie user account; whereas, some commands requires the two user account to be matched, like "/genie list teams".

I just tested the "Require matching a user" checkbox.  If checked, it forces the Slack user to always be matched to their Opsgenie user account before they can run the /genie command from slack.

Hope the above clarifies the issue.

Best Regards,

Wei

Greg Scott May 30, 2023

Thank you! Is there a list somewhere of which commands require a matching opsgenie account and which do not?

Greg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events