Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event created on OpsGenie sent to an specific Queue on Jira

Afonso Henrique Rodrigues Alves August 18, 2022

The event creation part is done but the Service Desk asked me if it is possible to automatically send an event to an specific Queue on Jira.

Example - right now the events from opsgenie go to all open events and I would like to go to the unassigned queue.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2022

Hi @Afonso Henrique Rodrigues Alves ,

By default when an Opsgenie alert creates a JSM issue, the issue itself should already be unassigned, so I'd assume it should end up in that queue. Are you seeing this is not the case?

Example:

assign1.jpg

This issue above is in an Open state, but also unassigned - so not sure if you have an unassigned status or something of that nature.

Afonso Henrique Rodrigues Alves August 18, 2022

Hey Nick.

It is going to the Queue for Events, but could I send it automatically to another queue?

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2022

Hi @Afonso Henrique Rodrigues Alves ,

Opsgenie realistically can only have an alert create an issue in whatever project it's told to. A queue, as far as I know, is simply a group of issues based on a filter, typically defined by JQL. 

It's my understanding the issue created by Opsgenie will appear in any queue that matches the defined filter of that queue. For example:

assign2.jpg

assign3.jpg

I suppose you could configure some sort of automation when an alert creates a JSM issue to edit whatever field(s), status, etc. to match the queue's filter, and have it move into there at creation as well.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events