Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 429 Too Many Requests to Opsgenie Integration API

Joel Bradley March 8, 2022

Hi All,

I am currently trying to add a lot (80+) of new Integration Actions to an Integration via the Integration API. The Docs demonstrate only one Action per request. That's too many requests for the API.

Is there a way to send a single request with a JSON array of Integration Actions, or what other options do I have in this scenario?

Thanks for any insight.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2022

Hi @Joel Bradley ,

There isn't a way to create multiple resources in Opsgenie with a single API request. For creating integration alert actions, you need to send 1 request per action. I'm not sure what/how you're creating these requests via API, but you could write a script to loop through the list of actions to create, and send a request for each one.

Please let me know if you have more questions on this.

Thanks,

Samir

Joel Bradley March 9, 2022

Hi @Samir 

Edit:
The request limit seems to have been raised. All requests are now making it through. Thank you.

Original Message:
Thanks for your response.

That is my current solution, iterating through a list of Integration Actions, but I'm getting rejected by the API after 40 or so iterations with error 429 for too many requests sent.

I could set a wait timer after 30 or so requests, but that is obviously not ideal. I was just wondering if there were any other solutions someone could think of.

Thanks

Like Samir likes this
1 vote
marco_mandricardo August 24, 2022

hi,

i have the same error with Zabbix integration for OpsGenie,

after sometime i go to test the media and get this result:

"Request failed with status code 429: You are making too many requests!"

How can i manage that?

Thanks

marco_mandricardo October 3, 2022

i rewrite the script in zabbix to do less call, and configure 60sec of timeout before retry,

now it works.. most of the problem was the zabbix script of Media "Opsgenie"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events