Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Email notification issue.

Edited

I got the following reason from Activity log for disabled notifications of some email addresses.

[Channel 1] Dropped previously bounced, unsubscribed, or complained. Not delivering to previously bounced address.

Kindly guide me through this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samir Atlassian Team Dec 20, 2021

Hi @Muhammad Yousuf ,

This generally happens when the email recipient had previously unsubscribes to the email notifications. This can be resolved by removing and re-adding the email contact method on the Opsgenie user's profile

e.g.

2021-12-20_09-02-15.png

Thanks,

Samir

Thanks a lot Samir, extending your answer, I also found that if emails are bounced back by the mailbox, Opsgenie will put it into disabled state and will not send further notifications to that email address until enabled again as shown above. It's better to do email whitelisting at the mailbox end.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Leveraging Atlassian’s Opsgenie and AWS Cloudformation Registry to stay ahead of incidents

In the past, managing IT infrastructure was a hard job. It required a lot of manual effort and it was hard to keep track of all the necessary information (monitoring, scalability etc). Thankfully, as...

2,336 views 0 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you