Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email integration: add replies as Notes

Jason White November 8, 2021

I have an Advanced email integration. I want one alert to be created per email conversation. Replies should be added to the alert as Notes.

In the "Create Alert" section I'm setting the Alias to the Conversation Subject for deduping purposes. Now when there are replies to the email, they do not result in new alerts, but are added as attachments to the original alert.

In the "Add Note" section, I have the same Alias (Conversation subject), the From Name in the User field, and the Message in the Note field. I am expecting Notes to be created for each reply to the email conversation. However no Notes are created?

Can anyone explain this behavior or tell me how to accomplish this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2021

Hi @Jason White ,

Based on the use case, you will want to continue using the the Conversation Subject in the alias field for all integration actions. But your integration's Create Alert action should only create alerts for non-reply emails. Typically when a reply is made to an email, the Subject looks something like this in the payload (found under the Logs tab):

emailcomm11.jpg

The Create Alert action should filter on only creating alerts for non-reply emails. That filter might look something like this based on the payload above:

emailcomm22.jpg

While the Add Note action could act like a catch-all with the filter set to Match All alerts, or the opposite of the Create Alert action to something like this - and trigger on replay emails:

emailcomm33.jpg

Here's as well a test with the configuration outlined above - sending an initial email, and a reply in the thread:

emailcomm44.jpg

emailcomm55.jpg

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any additional questions, or if I'm missing the idea here.

Jason White November 8, 2021

That works perfectly. Thanks!

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events