Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Integration Regex Filter based on Subject

Scott Wright May 5, 2020

I've created an email integration where an alert will be created and prioritized based on the subject.  

Here is the Subject from the Debug Logs: "Incident Assigned: ID: [IR244691] Priority: 3"

The email regex filter: /Priority:\s[3-4]/g

I've used regex testers and it correctly matches the subject ( I want to match Subjects with Priority: 3 and Priority: 4 ).

The Logs indicate that the email is received, but no matches were made.  Is there a trick to using regex in Opsgenie?  Can someone tell me the correct regex to use for this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
robert May 7, 2020

Hi @Scott Wright!

I think I helped you resolve this in a support ticket yesterday but also wanted to include the answer here in case someone else runs into a similar problem:

I think the "trick" we are looking for is that we are technically trying to match regex across the entire field you are parsing. So instead of Priority:\s[3-4], something like .*(Priority:\s[34]).* would do the trick.

When checking it in a regex tester, we want the entire field to be colored: https://regex101.com/r/OMaPwT/1

Another note is that the start/end slashes and global flags for regex aren't needed here. This page has some more information on setting up these filters and how to format the regex: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/regular-expressions

Scott Wright May 13, 2020

Yes, your solution worked for me.  Thanks!

Mikel Stous November 30, 2021

I'm trying to pull out the node, location, and issue from a long email and this isn't working for me.  I tried it off your regex101.com link and it worked there.

Integration Extra Properties:

Node: {{ message.extract( /.*Node:\s(.*).*/ ) }}

Issue: {{ message.extract( /.*Issue:\s(.*\n).*/ ) }}

Example email body:

Service: DNS

Node: NYCSERVER1

Issue: Server not Responding

Room: 443

Rack: 12B

Expecting

Node = 'NYCSERVER1'

Location = 'NYC New York'

Issue = 'Server not Responding'

Mikel Stous July 5, 2023

Follow up.  This is working for me.

Name          Value

Node           {{ message.extract( /.*Node:\s(.*).*/ ) }}

Location      {{ message.extract( /.*Location:\s(.*\n).*/ ) }}

Issue            {{ message.extract( /.*Issue:\s(.*\n).*/ ) }}

1 vote
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2020

Hi @Scott Wright  - could you provide a screenshot of the email integration filter you have created? It sounds like you're trying to set a filter on an email integration to only create alerts if the subject contains "Priority: 3" or "Priority: 4", right?

If so, the following examples should work...

1. Just add a filter set to "match one or more conditions" that will create an alert if the subject contains either "Priority: 3" or "Priority: 4"

Image 2020-05-07 at 11.31.44 AM.png

2. Setup the regex filter like this...

Image 2020-05-07 at 11.33.28 AM.png

Either of those options should work if you're trying to have the integration create alerts only when it receives an email with "Priority: 3" or "Priority: 4" in the subject of the email.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Samir

0 votes
Afonso Henrique Rodrigues Alves July 26, 2022

Thanks for this question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events