cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Existing Schedule?

Adam Palmer _805_284_5538_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2021

I have an On-Call Schedule with three members.  I need to add a fourth member.  The only Edit function I'm happening across offers me name and time-zone fields.  I cannot locate documentation for editing the members of an existing Schedule, only for creating a new one.

Is the preferred method for this sort of change to create an entirely new schedule and replace the existing one, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hi @Adam Palmer _805_284_5538_ ,

To add more users into an on-call schedule, you'd want to edit the schedule's rotation:

cs1.jpg

These can edited under the team that owns the schedule. Or under the Settings tab > All schedules tab.

If you do not see this tab, or the pencil icon to edit the rotation, then it's most likely a restriction with your role.

Note as well - when adding new users to a rotation, it sometimes will change the current on-call user. So you may also need to adjust the rotation's Starts on date before saving:

cs2.jpg

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any additional questions, issues, etc.

Adam Palmer _805_284_5538_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2021

Oh, that's really funny.  I kept going to the pencil icon towards the upper-right.  Completely missed the one on the left-hand side.

Thanks.

0 votes
connor mcguane July 6, 2021

If you expand a schedule, next to the rotation you should see a small pencil that will give you an edit option.  If you dont see that, then this may be a permissions issue of your personal user type.

But, if you can edit, simply search for more people and click on them.  There isnt a defined "add more people" button in this case.2021-07-06 13_51_50-Opsgenie - AMPS.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events